Lucky Girl!

Photobucket

The Crib

Okay so we struggled a little to get the crib together. At this point Chris just wanted me to walk away. Photobucket

Its not quite finished but its a start!

Photobucket

Emery's Room

Photobucket

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Letter

We have finally received our "To Whom it May Concern" letter. Wow this has been a long 7 month wait. I can't believe that such a simple piece of paper can take so long. From what I understand after the United States Citizen Immigration Services approves our paperwork they then cable it to the US Embassy in Bangkok. The US Embassy then lets the Thai Red Cross know who then sends us a date to meet with the Thai Consulate. As soon as we get that we then book our flight. This is so amazing that it is here. I know that we could wait another 2 months but I just cant believe that we our this close. Throughout this whole process I have questioned God. My family has gone through so much recently and continues to go through some heart breaking issues. Chris and I's adoption of Emery has been the one bright light. Now that it is finally here it feels surreal. So many things go through my head; will I be a good mother, will Chris and I be able to give Emery everything she needs, will she bond with us. So many unknowns but I am ready for the challenge and as we draw closer to meeting our baby I know that this is exactly what was meant to be.

7 comments:

FamiljenNilsson said...

Congrats! We picked up our daughter last year, it was amazing!!! And know we are waiting for a second child. This time from TRC.

//Malin from Sweden

joy said...

You will be a great mother. And Chris will be amazing as well.

Agnes said...

Congratulations!!!

chaniemom said...

I am SO happy for you that you are that much closer to your lovely daughter! Motherhood is not easy, but is also rewarding. You have lots of cheerleaders!

Scott and Carolyn said...

Hi! I came across your blog, as we are thinking of beginning the Thailand process with WACAP. I was wondering if I can e-mail you with questions...my e-mail is cralph4@hotmail.com. I'm so excited for you all that you are about to travel! Congrats!!

Woman_of_Steele said...

Chris and Rindy, I wonder if you will remember me. We used to be neighbors on EWU's campus. You both helped me through one of the toughest times of my life. When I was in crisis, you both were there for me and my children. After I left Cheney, Chris wrote me a letter that I still have with me to this day. It encouraged me so much when I felt down and out. This is Veronica, by the way...


I would love to e-mail you guys and catch up sometime. Congratulations on the adoption! You both will make awesome parents because you are awesome people!

Veronica Glanville
vero.glanville@gmail.com

Nichole and Craig said...

Hi
Just wondering if you travelled to pick up your daughter yet and how your making out?